Thursday 24 July 2014

Feeding my book addiction TMS

So awesome, ridiculously and heaps of emotion. I freaking love this book!

This is one of the reason i love to read. I love to get sucked into a story, love to put myself in a heroine's position. Go through the emotions of said heroine.

Trudy Bennette  is given the opportunity to interview Jake Wethers, lead singer to The Mighty Storm, her former childhood friend back when they lived as neighbors. She works as a columnist for a magazine in the UK. Jake Wethers has come out of rehab after spiraling out of control due to drugs and if you really think about it, the death of his bandmate/great friend Jonny. She is completely nervous about seeing him after 12 years thinking he might not remember her. After interview he ask her out for dinner for a trip down memory lane.

                                                                       Image source



The thing that really stand out for me in this story is the way i felt while reading it. The emotional scenes in this book are aaammmazingg!! My heart was pounding, i was shocked, i wanted to cheer, i wanted to swoon. At other times my heart broke for Will, for Tru, for Jake. And i'd find my self in floods of tears, only to be grinning like an idiot and hugging my ipad a few pages later. It was an intense rollercoaster, and i love every minute of it!

Although there are some serious issues dealt with in the story (death, addiction, and celebrity lifestyle) it's not all heavy. It's primarily a romance and there's a lot of sweet moments, as well as heaps of swoon. There's was also lots of funny scenes ~ particularly with Jake's bandmates. 

Read this book if you want an incredibly emotional, beautifully romantic story.   

"Please don't go. Just stay talk to me, we can work this out. I know we can, i never cheat on you - i swear to you. Just believe me, please. I love you so much. You're the only person I've ever loved. And i know i screw up with the drugs, but i would never cheat on you. You're my bestfriend. You're my everything." Samantha Towle 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com